Swap The Biz is a private invite only community that is a family. We attract like minded, successful professionals that share the same ideals. Our core values are to keep all business in our family and to treat each other with respect. We focus on high level connections and utilizing your time efficiently and effectively to get deals done. Below are our expectations.
- Members must endeavor to make all of their breakfast groups.
- Members aspire to have at least 1-2 in person meetings with members per week.
- Get to know each other and be a connector.
- Swap The Biz members never hard sell each other.
- Members continually take meetings with members to find new ways to collaborate and move the relationship forward.
- Our purpose is to form a strong long term friendship that results in trust and allows the referrals to flow.
- E.g. Joint events, online through social media, share audience and credibility.
- Introduce each other to potential referral sources (using the guide from our rosters) and when available clients.
- Members are loyal and will always think about how they can help other members find more business opportunities.
- Members will not join additional category exclusive groups while being a member of Swap The Biz.
- Members shall not solicit other Swap The Biz members to join other category exclusive business networking groups.
- Members can not start their own networking group for a minimum of 3 years after the end of their membership.
- Members that do not follow any of the above loyalty guidelines will forfeit their category exclusivity in Swap The Biz as well as upcoming speaking opportunities, (however their financial obligation will remain intact as if they still had category exclusivity) and will be subject to termination from their breakfast group.
Referrals & Accountability
- Referrals are given in multiple ways:
- Member’s use of other member’s services/products, Direct opportunities that other members introduce you to, Introductions to centers of influence and referral sources and through member collaboration.
- Referrals from members should always garner immediate attention and follow up should be a top priority.
- Referrals are to be given to the member in the group that maintains exclusivity in that category in the group.
- This is a family and our purpose is to bring all of our referral opportunities to our members to ensure each other’s success.
- Members are accountable and work together whenever possible to collaborate and create opportunities.
- Members prioritize Swap The Biz relationships over all other networking relationships.
- Members are loyal to other members of their group first and foremost.
- Members will strive to provide their best work to Swap The Biz referrals and will always do their utmost to ensure customer satisfaction and that the referring member’s reputation is preserved.
- Members will not represent, market or advertise any business that conflicts with the membership category of another member at that member’s breakfast group.
- Swap The Biz members enjoy a special reputation in the business community, as we are known for the amazing strength of the relationships created and the success, size and continuity of the referrals given as well as the high level of satisfaction for the work done by our members.
- Remember Swap The Biz membership is a privilege and not a right.
- Guests are thoroughly thought about and should only be individuals that bring value to your group – i.e. are givers, have an established network, are likely to commit to our community and are someone you would want to spend more of your valuable time with.
- Respect Everyone’s Time
- Sit down is at 9:00am prompt, please get your coffee in advance so we can finish timely.
- During an interactive exercise (icebreaker) – no long winded elevator pitches – keep it succinct.
- Keep your presentations to 7-8 minutes including q and a & practice and time it in advance.
- If a Swap The Biz group leader or a Member has the floor – please don’t have side conversations or whisper as it is distracting and can be taken as disrespectful.
- Respect Everyone’s Time